Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treat





It was bitterly cold that evening as dusk quickly succumbed to darkness. We had but one neighbor in our community so we ventured to one next to us. At just 19 months old, Gogo was the cutest Winnie the Pooh ever! It was a rather short outing as we visited two, maybe three homes in the area. Nonetheless, it was a very special, memorable moment for me. 

Over the next few years, our community had grown, so had our family. Didi joined our candy collection duty the year after. Boy, what an adorable chili pepper he was! 

Warm or cold, I walked the streets with the two brothers on this special day, year after year. From cute animals to stealthy ninjas, to scythe wielding Grim Reapers, their imagination is never in short supply. As nightfall rendered the streets to a blur, we paced our way home. 

My fingers were numb from the two-hour walk, it certainly was chilly! I watched in amazement as the kids poured their candy collections onto the floor, there were some four hundred pieces of candies, maybe more! 

“Baba, these are for you.” Didi came up and handed me a big handful of my favorite chocolate candies.  Gog also did the same. It really warmed me up from the inside. It was all treats for me on this Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment