Friday, December 16, 2011

"Excuse me"


Our kids wear out their shoes in a matter of few a weeks, Gogo is especially notorious. Some of his shoes didn't even last a month. For gym activities, we purchase them better constructed shoes. For casual walking, Walmart shoes serve them just fine. I wear Walmart brand shoes and I know they don't wear out that quickly. 

Last weekend, we took the boys out shopping for groceries and stopped by the shoe department at Walmart. We went about our usual route which included stopping by the electronic goods and the toys sections. After some 20 minutes of store browsing, we got to the shoe department. I went across the aisle to get a new pair of sunglasses. Hey, Made in Taiwan, and they were comfortable when I tried them on. Gogo and Didi were looking at different styles of shoes with their mom. 

After getting what we needed, we proceeded to check-out then headed home. Later that evening my wife told me something that happened during our shoe shopping at Walmart. "An elder lady said to me - Your son is very polite, he said "excuse me" and waited before passing in front of my shopping cart", my wife said with a smile. 

I too, was smiling when I heard this.




No comments:

Post a Comment