Thursday, March 3, 2011

男主內, 女主外?


男 主外, 女主內 Men are bread winners; Women are homemakers. If this is what you still believe, you have missed your stop a long time ago. Men have gone into the kitchen and women have joined the workforce for decades now. Some men may not want to admit it, but sharing chores around the house isn’t something to be ashamed of. I told a very good friend that I was folding a load of laundry the other night when we were chatting online. Some of you macho guys may think that a minuscule task like that, only belongs to the wives. Get up and check the calendar when you get a chance, time has changed.

男主內, 女主外, probably will never happen, which is fine. I don’t think I can wear the apron better than my wife anyway. Wink By the same token, my Mrs. isn’t going to take over the home projects. Not that she doesn’t want to help, it’s just that I won’t let her. The workload sharing won’t ever reach a 50-50 proposition, but as long as everyone (including kids) puts in some elbow grease, it really doesn’t matter who’s in charge of doing what.

original post date: November 5, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment