Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In the country

I’m currently out on the road – business trip that is. This isn’t the first time I’m on a business assignment but it is the first time I’m in the countryside. For those of you who are curious, my location is Hope, Arkansas. Hope is literally the size of a postal stamp compared to other cities anywhere. A mere 10 square miles with a population just over 10,000.

People here are very, very laid back, who enjoy a simple life. There isn’t any shopping mall, restaurant row, let alone amusement park. The town folks seem content with their lives and many have never ventured too far out of the tiny town. The nearest larger town/city is Texarkana, about 32 miles southwest to Hope.

Having lived in the city for so long, this change of pace is actually nice. Granted there isn’t any attraction other than it’s known as former President Bill Clinton’s birthplace.

However, I think a week here is enough for me, as much as I love the green scenery, I’m still very much a city boy.



original post date: May 12, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment