Friday, March 18, 2011

in the blink of an eye

The streets were covered in light snow as I drove to work this morning. I think it was around 6:10 am when I got on I-69. Everyone was driving a little more defensively since the roads were slick. I was going at just under 60 mph, business as usual as I thought. The traffic is usually quite light before 7 am. Just as I drove near my favorite electronics store – Fry’s, I saw a flurry of red lights.

An SUV apparently tried to shoot three lane across to the exit had spun out of control. It happened so quickly but fortunately no other vehicles were involved in this accident. Luckily for the driver, the SUV, didn’t roll over as it very well could have. The SUV skidded off the road shoulder and ended up in a ditch about 100′ away from the road.

I don’t know if the driver was talking on the phone, texting someone, sipping on coffee but whatever it was, caused the driver to miss the exit. I don’t think the driver would be able to get out of the ditch without any assistance. If you miss an exit, take the next one. There is no reason to jeopardize everyone’s safety with a stupid stunt like that. I do hope that driver had learned a valuable lesson this morning. Use common sense, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment