Wednesday, March 2, 2011

To Be Back In Sync

Life can be overwhelming at times. A number of years back when my life needed some sorting through, I decided to go on a trip. I had to get away from the daily hustle and bustle. I packed my backpack and went on a 500 mile journey. As I drove through the cities, into the suburbs; went down the valleys and up the mountains. With every passing tree, every rock at every turn, I could feel my burdens being lifted little by little. The sense of harmonics in life was being restored as I traveled down the freeway.

My journey took me to one of the most serene places in Northern California – the Yosemite National Park. It was early spring when I arrived. There were traces of snow on the ground. I stopped alone the road side and scooped up a handful of snow. It was the first time in my life I had touched snow. I stood up and let it melt in my hand. The coldness was quite soothing in a way. Some of my stress dripped away as the droplets fell onto the ground.

I had heard a lot about the Yosemite National Park and had seen many photos before the trip. Nevertheless, when I drove through the park entrance, I couldn’t help but let out a big "wow"! The tall trees were seemingly touching the sky! The stream was crystal clear and the air smelled of fresh linens. The sounds from the calming water, the breeze that combed through the trees, and the birds that chirped among the branches, together, composed the symphony that didn’t need to be orchestrated. Everything was just perfectly synced.

It was just the remedy for an exhausted mind. I strolled down the trail left by previous hikers. I remembered standing in one spot with my eyes closed for several minutes. It was absolutely therapeutic! I did not reserve a campsite nor did I have any camping equipment, or I would have stayed for the night. I sat and listened to the cascading waterfall for quite a while. It sounded thunderous at first then it began to sound quieter, and quieter. I was finally in tune with my inner self again.

Yosemite National Park Sunrise


original post date: June 25, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment