Monday, March 21, 2011

Now, isn't that a surprise topic for a foodie like me? I'm not a food critic, "gourmet" food to me, it's more of showpieces rather than food items that we consume. I would highly doubt anyone's stomach can tell the difference between Kobe beef ($200 per pound) and rib eye steak ($7.99 per pound) .

I was extremely glad that our two-week trip had concluded. I missed my family but being homesick wasn't the main reason that I said that. I was happy that I wouldn't have to dine out with our suppliers, not until next trip. Too much of a good thing sometimes has a negative effect. By our third evening in China, I weaseled out of dinner duties, for two nights.

In part, it was all the smoking I simply couldn't handle. Restaurants in China really ought to consider separating the dinning halls. I know it's impossible right now to ban smoking in public places there. Fortunately I had several days away from the smoking crowds on this trip.

I kept a foodie journal on this trip, you are more than welcome to come take a look.

Guess which dish/item was my favorite among them all?

No comments:

Post a Comment