Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Soul Food

No, I’m not going to talk about food here. At least not today. The
food I would like to talk about is the kind that feeds your soul,
therefore, soul food. Sometimes before the work week comes to an end,
you are completely exhausted already. Endless meetings to attend; numerous project deadlines to meet; countless reports to complete. It’s as
exhaustive physically as it is mentally.


I’m sure everyone
has his or her own way of relaxation. Some may enjoy a walk in the
park. Other may sip on a glass wine or read a book. I’m not much of a
book reader, not since school days. When I need a recharge, music is
my answer. Quite sometime ago I was on the marching band. It was then when music became a part of my life.


Over the years I have developed interests in a wide spectrum of music. From instrumental and classical to the classic rocks of the 60′s and the 70′s. From folksy country to the rhythm and blues, I enjoy them all. I have an extensive song bank on my computers and on my portable MP3 players. Whenever I need to unwind, I just put on my headphones and play the songs randomly. Symphonies put my mind in a calm and peaceful state while modern and contemporary songs bring me through flashbacks. When I close my eyes and listen to the music, it sends me to another realm, at least that’s how it feels. Music – it fuels the soul!


original post date: June 26, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment